• Maintain social distancing: maintain at least 1 metre distance between yourself and others.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth: if you feel any irritation, clean your nose with physiological serum (saline nose spray). If you have sore eyes, use artificial tears.
• Practice respiratory hygiene: cover your mouth and nose with your bent elbow and a clean tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately.
• In case of fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early.
• Stay informed and follow advice given by your national and local public health authority on how to protect yourself the most appropriate manner from COVID-19: please visit the South African COVID-19 Corona Virus Resource Portal https://sacoronavirus.co.za/.
You can also stay informed about the pandemic propagation and find the advice from the WHO on: https://www.who.int/